[CQ-Contest] The best...

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Wed Aug 8 02:57:42 EDT 2001

I've heard some good ones.  Seems like I always remember the phone ops
though...

HC8A - Rich is awesome.  He sounds the same hour 47 as hour 1.
N5TJ - Reference recent EA8 and VP5 accomplishements
K5TR - Listen to George in SS SSB some time.
V31CV - ARRL DX SSB some number of years ago.  Man, that was impressive.
W0UA - The energizer bunny.  I promise nobody jumps up & down more than
George at a higher rate.
N9RV - Reference any time he sits in the 20 meter chair at K3LR/8.

On CW...

LU8DQ - Always impressed me.
K1AR - Sitting next to John at Ken Wolfs with the head phone splitter on
while he cranked out a 200+ hour.  Impressive from the states.
N5TJ - CW Sprint.  Unbelievable.
N6TR - Ditto

Those are the ones I remember tonight.  :)

There is, however, another category that is harder to observe...

Knowing where to be when:

K1AR - Operated with John at K1EAs in CQWW CW.  Every op in the room had
won CQWW CW as a single-op at one time or another.  A few times during the
weekend we seemed to lose steam.  When this happened, we knew who to put
in the seat.  Within in minutes, each time, the rate was back where it
should be and we were back in sync again.  It is hard to communicate how
impressive this was.

K3ZO - What can I say?  The guy finds openings with one radio that I miss
with two.

N5TJ - He knows what contest to operate, when, and from where.

73

Bill Fisher

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com