[CQ-Contest] Reporting Bogus Station Addresses To The FCC

Anthony Brooks abrooks at cablenet-va.com
Sat Aug 11 20:56:34 EDT 2001

Part 97 says that:

"§97.23 Mailing address.

Each license grant must show the grantee's correct name and mailing address.
The mailing address must be in an area where the amateur service is
regulated by the FCC and where the grantee can receive mail delivery by the
United States Postal Service. Revocation of the station license or
suspension of the operator license may result when correspondence from the
FCC is returned as undeliverable because the grantee failed to provide the
correct mailing address. "

That means that if they don't update, then they are putting their license in
jeopardy.  My wife and I recently moved, both hams, and we had our records
updated within one week of the move.  What active ham would jeopardize their
license, granted this action is rarely taken, over some small detail as
changing the address in the system?  It is not like it takes long to update,
did my wife and my updates in less than 5 minutes online.

I am usually an SWL to the reflector, but this one seemed relevant to me.
Just my 2 cents.

73 de
Anthony, WM3T