[CQ-Contest] Hollingsworth and Voluntary Bandplans

N7MAL n7mal at ctaz.com
Fri Aug 17 18:47:37 EDT 2001

Well I've seen and heard hogwash in all its forms but this one, so far, is
hogwash at its finest. The largest member organization is a 'FOR PROFIT'
corporation. The largest member organization does not represent the majority
of licensed amateurs, in simple terms less than 50% of all licensed amateurs
are members. The membership of the ARRL was not consulted or ask to vote on
this bandplan. It was created by a committee, a committee of good people,
and is now being 'rammed' down the throats of all amateurs whether they like
it or not. The ARRL may make suggestions as to where and how I should
operate, and for the most part the suggestions make sense and are
reasonable, but they are only suggestions and are strictly voluntary. Some
of you give far to much credit to this Riley character. He is just another
overpaid, underworked, grand-standing, civil servant, not God. He isn't
doing anything anyone else in his position hasn't done before, he just brags
about it more and draws more attention to himself. His enforcement authority
stops at the Federal door and he has no power to enforce voluntary rules
from minority organizations like the ARRL.

MAL               N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm