[CQ-Contest] prejudicial language

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 17 23:59:38 EDT 2001

Hi Leigh!

KR6X wrote:

"I am appalled with what I read in the committee comments.  Contesting,
contests, and contesters do not "disrupt" the bands, they utilize the
bands for the good of the public and amateur radio while meeting the
primary objectives of the amateur radio services to a degree with
which no other activity can compare.  The suggestions of the
committee, clearly expressing a preference against contest operation,
are nonetheless in the worst interests of the amateur radio service."

        You have clearly never operated CW on 160 meters the last weekend
of February.  I'll make you a challenge...next February, make at least
ten QSO's on 160 that are not prearranged and that are not in your backyard
during the darkness hours of the last Friday and Saturday of February.  Then
come back and give us your report on "Contesting, contests, and contesters
do not 'disrupt' the bands".

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com