[CQ-Contest] 3 QSO penalty

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii at kkn.net
Sat Aug 25 07:15:49 EDT 2001

> From: Guy Olinger, K2AV <k2av at contesting.com>

> > Other end sends SP6KK  I hear SP6KK. I type SP6LL (missed the "K" key)
> > and hit enter. Just as I hit the enter button, I'm thinking I didn't get
> > that right, but the program is sending the exchange. I know I don't
> > remember the call. He comes back, sends his call and exchange. I copy
> > SP6KC, but I don't think that is right. I try for a correction but
> > DL99LID starts calling me on top of him and I can't copy what the SP6
> > sent. I ask for the correction again but when ..LID stops calling the
> > SP6 is gone.

This is a great example.

You send SP6LL to this guy.

He tries to correct you.

You dont hear it.

You keep trying to get a correction of his call.

You never send his correct call - so QRM or not there
is no way he could have ever have heard his corect callsign come from you.

He gives up and leaves the frequency.

If the SP6 in your example logs this attempt at a contact he
should lose credit for this QSO.

He never heard you send his callsign.
He should not log this contact.

> > so I can get it fixed. If not, it gets deleted. He reads his UBN report
> > which says I never worked him, which is only half true.

You didn't work him - you never got his callsign.

> > I would LIKE to leave SP6KC in the log, zero points, have it come out
> > NO-Q in the Cabrillo, not claim any credit for it, and if the SP6 got my
> > exchange right, let him have it.

Why do you want to log contacts that are not correct?

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."
geoiii at kkn.net
830-868-2510
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com