[CQ-Contest] Post Contest Log Scrubbing

Bob, N5RP N5RP at pdq.net
Wed Dec 12 08:09:40 EST 2001

At 07:22 12/12/2001 -0500, Joseph.Agius at sybase.com wrote:
>I don't think that this is appropriate.  The idea of the contest (one goal
>of which is to practice for emergencies, when other communications are
>down) is to be accurate at the given time of the contact.
========================>
I don't see the problem here.

I mean, let's say
aa)
The logged QSO callsign was entered using a partial callsign database
click, or
bb)
Maybe the logged callsign was dragged from an Internet post.

What the post-contest confirmation request would then be focused towards is:
cc)
Whether or not the Internet post was correct, or
bb)
Whether or not the software's partial check callsign database was correct.

The request for a post contest QSO confirmation would then
dd)
have very little to do with the operating ability of the man who sat at the
radio at the QSO time in question, but rather,
ee)
more to do with checking the robotics of the station management.
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
mailto:N5RP at pdq.net
N5RP Station Page: http://freeweb.pdq.net/perring/station.html