[CQ-Contest] K4OJ's Problem

Bernie McClenny, W3UR bernie at dailydx.com
Mon Dec 17 15:25:20 EST 2001

Things happen!  Best thing to do is to log the QSO and don't bother running any
kind of dupe program to remove dupes.  Why?  For that and other reasons.  The
contest committee does not penalize you for making dupes!  Only for claiming QSO
points.  If the software is working correctly it will not count those points.
Don't bother waisting time telling someone they are a dupe.  It only slows your
rate down.  Thanks for the QSO "again" QRZ!

73
Bernie, W3UR

--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR
Editor of - The Daily DX - The Weekly DX - How's DX

http://www.dailydx.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

>From Timo" <timo.klimoff at kolumbus.fi  Mon Dec 17 15:35:18 2001
<earlier contacts were lost. I use CT and couldn't log him because at the end
<of the contest I would run RMDUPES and the contact would be deleted. He was
<adamant I should log him. It became obvious he was becoming a pest and we

What is the logic for RMDUPES?

Now both stations will have "not-in-log" + possible penalties ...

73, Timo OH1NOA

PS: What for is RMDUPES command made ?

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com