[CQ-Contest] K4OJ's Problem

k8cc k8cc at mediaone.net
Mon Dec 17 19:13:53 EST 2001

Mal,

You could be hurting yourself.  For example, suppose you work H44MA, then
some time later you work him again accidentally.  After the contest you run
RMDUPES so the second H44MA QSO is purged from your logs.

Suppose the first time you worked H44MA you messed up his QSO number
accidentally.  At logchecking time, that QSO will be disallowed because you
busted the exchange you received from him.  The QSO points are gone, and
credit for the multiplier is gone (assuming you did not work another
H44).  If you had left the second QSO in the log, and assuming you copied
the received exchange correctly, you'd still have an H44 mult and a few
more QSO points.

BTW, I am the logchecker for the ARRL 10M contest...

When we do multiops here at K8CC, I tell my operators that if you've made a
QSO, put it in the log, dupe or not.  It makes no difference to the
logcheckers who re-dupe everything anyways.

Dave/K8CC

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com