[CQ-Contest] RE: What country...

Bill at ng3k.com Bill at ng3k.com
Tue Dec 18 11:02:18 EST 2001

On 18 Dec 2001 at 4:08, John Warren wrote:

> Quite regularly someone asks "What country is xxxxxx?"; "Where is
> yyyyy?".
>
> Every legal operation uses an ITU prefix. Just look it up in
> "Allocation of International Call Sign Series" in the back of ARRL's
> DXCC List publication.

Heck, assuming you're connected to the cluster you don't even
have to do that.  Just enter "sh/pr e2":

NG3K de K1TTT    18-Dec 1558Z  arc >
sh/pr e2
HS Thailand:     CQ 26  ITU 49

73,

Bill/NG3K

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

From: Gus Samuelson" <gussam at newcomm.net (Gus Samuelson)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:40:23 -0330
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Call ? or F6 & F7

> of CW-sending hit an alltime low in this contest!

I think the number of recent bug acquisitions is directly proportional to
the
number of 1X2 US vanity calls issued over the past few years, it seems they
want us  to think they Really are the ol timers with the Original calls
guys if you can't handle 'em don't use em !! Or else practice somewhere
else.
Fact is I occasionally became so frustrated with some guys/gals ? inability
to send
their own call correctly   at least 2 out of 4 times that I hit ALT-W then
F1 more times than I wanted to !!
As a friend of Mine used to say
" Lord give me patience....... But Hurry ! "

VO1MP
Gus Samuelson

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com