[CQ-Contest] Bad Packet Spots

Jamie WW3S jtolbert at gremlan.org
Thu Dec 20 19:32:19 EST 2001

I've been helping beta test the N1MM windows based logging program, which
btw is very neat ( and free!). One of the "features" is the ability to spot
all search and pounce qso's. Its an option that can be turned on or off.
During CQWW I was mostly s&p and as I logged a station, the spot would
automatically be sent. The problem came when I would find an open freq and
start calling CQ. Sometimes the program would not "switch" from s&p to run
mode when F1 was pressed ( as its supposed to). This caused the stations I
were working to be spotted with my run freq. Once, VQ9IO (?) called in and
whne that spot went out, instant pileup!. Not sure if thats whats happening
but I know the program is becoming more and more popular and once in a
while, sh?t happens.

73 Jamie WW3S