[CQ-Contest] The First CQ Magazine

Tony Rogozinski trogo at telegraphy.com
Wed Dec 26 08:18:53 EST 2001

I just received copies of "CQ Magazine", Volume 1, No's  4, 6 8, 9 and
11.  Interestingly,  it was published in 1931 by "CQ Publishing Co.,
M.R. Rathborne, Jr., Editor with editorial offices in San Marino, Ca.

The cover claims it was "A Magazine OF, BY and FOR Commercial
Radio Operators and Technicians.

One of the contributing authors in each issue was Dr. Lee De Forest!

By the way - I find nothing about contesting in any of the magazines.....
:-)

Tony N7BG

"I collect telegraph keys and most anything
  related to telegraphy especially old or unusual
  bugs (semi automatic keys).  Please email or
  call toll free 888-848-1572 if you have anything
  to sell or trade!"

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com