[CQ-Contest] LR vs LPL

Rick Dougherty NQ4I at compuserve.com
Sun Feb 25 15:54:23 EST 2001

f1PKshu32297
Sender: owner-cq-contest at contesting.com

do the math and you will see that NQ4I has at least one more hop to all of
europe...lets see abt 20 db is lost in
each hop...so we will never see the same level of signals that they
see...yes W4AN has won the CQWW from down here...but it can't be done in a
high sun spot condition Multi-multi...there are only so many stations we
can work...and on 20m the e layer cutoff factor keeps us from working
europe during the daytime...doesnot affect the NE stations quite like our
location...Operators are  the limiting factor for al NE Multi's ...factor
in operators and location and you have the SE US...only advanyage we enjoy
is to SA....oh boy...de Rickl

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com