[CQ-Contest] Re: TS-850 Computer Interface

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Fri Jul 6 09:35:26 EDT 2001

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:10:50 +0100 Hammond Robert
<robert.hammond at huntleigh-diagnostics.co.uk> writes:

> Dear Contesters
>
>         I went to hook up Rig control for my contest logger last
> night &
> gasp , shock , horror, looks like there's no RS232 interface on my
> TS850. I
> checked the manual & it says it's an optional extra. Does anyone
> know if
> this optional RS232 interface is a generic one for most Kenwood sets
> & where
> I could get one ( or if it's possible to make one from some sort of
> OEM
> RS232 Board).

You don't need the Kenwood RS-232 Interface to hook it up to a
computer, just a very simple passive circuit. A diagram can be
found at:

http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/ts850_mods.txt

This article actually contains several mods for the TS-850,
and is wider in scope than the article's title suggests. One
of the mods is the computer interface.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL at juno.com