[CQ-Contest] Contest QSOs: To QSL or not to QSL

Bill at ng3k.com Bill at ng3k.com
Sun Jul 29 14:30:04 EDT 2001

OK.  Time to revisit this.  I'm finally working my
way through a backlog of paper QSL requests, resulting
mainly from my activity in various contests.

First off, kudos to Rob, VE4GV, who auto-QSLed for
the 2000 SSB Sweepstakes, but noted in large print
at the bottom of the card:

  "PLEASE SAVE A TREE -- NO RETURN QSL REQUIRED"

Thanks, Rob!  It sure would be great if those of
you who auto-QSL would consider adding something
like this to your cards if you really don't want
a card in return.

But, my question concerns an increasing percentage
of contest QSLs I receive that do not request a
return QSL, but neither do they specify that it's
not required.

I must have sent 50 QSLs to some of these guys over
the years.

How are folks handling this these days?

73,

Bill/NG3K