[CQ-Contest] Contest QSOs: To QSL or not to QSL

James Headrick headrick at radar.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Jul 30 03:01:08 EDT 2001

At 13:30 7/29/2001 -0400, Bill at ng3k.com wrote:

>OK.  Time to revisit this.  I'm finally working my
>way through a backlog of paper QSL requests, resulting
>mainly from my activity in various contests.
>
>\...But, my question concerns an increasing percentage
>of contest QSLs I receive that do not request a
>return QSL, but neither do they specify that it's
>not required.
>
>I must have sent 50 QSLs to some of these guys over
>the years.
>
>How are folks handling this these days?

For cards received from the Bureau, I answer the ones that specifically
request a QSL.  And I quit answering these after noticing it is a second or
third time.

I have a plea for the people who send a card for ever contact, don't have
your PC automatically print PSE QSL - please confine requests to cards
really wanted. I have several examples of a card for the first contact and
then one for the DUPE both requesting a QSL!  -jim   w3cp

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com