[CQ-Contest] Ending a Contest QSO on Phone

Nat Heatwole heatwole at clark.net
Tue Jul 31 17:34:55 EDT 2001

I've been thinking a lot about this topic lately and I thought that I would
get some opinions from the reflector. Assuming that you wish to confirm the
QSO you just made (via. 73, QSL, thanks, etc.) and you wish to sign your
call and go QRZ do any of the following generally work better than the
others when the rate is high on phone? What about when the rate's low?

1. Thank You, WZ3AR Contest
2. Thank You, WZ3AR QRZ
3. Thank You, QRZ WZ3AR

Could you delete words like "Contest" or "QRZ" when the rate is high for
example advantageously? Does another confirmation other than "Thank You"
tend to work better? This may seem trivial to some, but since it occurs so
often over the course of a contest and since there are so many different
ways to do it I thought that it might be worth looking further into. All
opinions welcome.

73, Nat, WZ3AR
<heatwole at clark.net>

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com