[CQ-Contest] Re: [3830] CQWW SSB AA4V/KP2 M/S HP

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Thu Nov 1 13:27:46 EST 2001

Interesting.

Since I follow the FCC rules, I remember -

1) "unlicensed" people may only patrticipate with 3rd Party Traffic with
certain countries that the US has a 3rd Party agreement with.  I'm sure
they had that list in front of them when the "SWL" operated - so when a
country NOT on the list called, they changed ops.

2) When there is an unlicensed operator operating, a "control op" must
be present to monitor ALL transmissions.  I'm sure the "control op" was
sitting next to the "SWL" the whole time he was operating - and ready to
jump in when #1 occurs.

Yeah, right!

73, Ron   WD4AHZ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com