[CQ-Contest] Re: [3830] CQWW SSB AA4V/KP2 M/S HP

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 1 13:07:31 EST 2001

      Or, if his contribution was not to ever transmit his voice over the
air, but merely to scan the bands and load a bandmap with a second receiver
or something, then maybe there's no legal violation at all.  But, the
contester in that scenario cannot claim either SO category (unassisted or
packet-assisted) so must enter the multi-single category, and then felt
compelled to explain why they were not single-op.

     Of course, someone could ask the contester in question for some
clarification.

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 04:03:07PM -0000, K0HB H. Brakob wrote:

> The "suspected SWL" would not be affected by that rule, since
> his license was never suspended, revoked,  surrendered, or
> subject to any cease and desist order.
>
> FCC simply declined to renew it, which might amount to the
> same thing, but is not included in the language of the rule.
>
> Therefore, he could operate under third-party rules.
>
> (Don't shoot the messenger)
>
> (©¿©)  73, de Hans, K0HB

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com