[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Nov 5 08:17:29 EST 2001

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Greg Fields wrote:

> I think another SS record has been broken with how early
> this thread has started, hi.
>
> Yes, Sunday can get awfully long. But one of the big
> attractions to SS for me is my one tribander and
> wires can actually make the top ten box! Why? Because
> I don't have to be competitive on all bands.
[snip]

There was something different about this year's CW SS from my perspective.
I only got 12 hours in on the contest, but I was there from Sunday
afternoon through to the end.  In past years, the last hour was tough,
with fewer QSO's.  This year it just kept on going right to the end.  My
last hour was one of my best.

Did anyone else notice this?

73, Zack W9SZ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com