[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB - GZ7V contest expedition

Chris Tran GM3WOJ gm3woj at talk21.com
Thu Nov 8 20:47:26 EST 2001

Thursday 8th November 2001

Hello all

If you would like to read about our recent CQ WW SSB
GZ7V contest expedition to a cold, windy part of the world
with too much aurora,  please visit :
www.gm7v.com/shetland01.htm
for the full story + pictures.

73
Chris   GM3WOJ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

From: =?iso-8859-1?B?VPVubm8gVuRoaw==?=" <tonno.vahk at mail.ee (=?iso-8859-1?B?VPVubm8gVuRoaw==?=)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 22:47:26 +0200
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Questions about UBN and NIL

Could you please explain me some of the CQWW log-checking rules that are
unclear to
me.

1. Can a QSO be BAD when the ZONE number is logged incorrectly? In UBN and
NIL report there is nothing said about cheking ZONE numbers. E.g I have
KC1XX 03 in my log, everything else correct, do I lose credit?

2. If a QSO is NIL does the computer search for POSSIBLE CALLS throughout
the coping station log (48 hours)? E.g. If my call is ES5G and I am not in
log of KC1XX, I will still have credits for the QSO if KC1XX has worked any
ES5 station during the whole contest (which is highly likely). It greatly
reduces the number of NILs going BAD for 1 letter suffix stations, doesn't
it?

3. How much can the UTC time differ in correspondents' logs? It hookes up to
the previous question. It seems to me that time is never looked at during
log-checking by computer? All "ww", "wn" things are given with no time
reference? Thus I can log QSO with KC1XX on the 47th hour while they logged
it on the 1st hour and there will be no credit denied?

4. Are all calls eventually verified against the country databases? In UBN
report there are lines like:
" -B es1qx(6)  es1xq(494)h es1qd(272)h es1ox(245) ja1qxy(71) ja1qxc(50)".
So the only reason that it is -B can be that ES1QX was not found in the
country database?
So the number of stations that work a particular station is not important?
It can be unique or it can be worked by 200 stations, if it is not in the
county database and there is no log from the station it will still
determined -B for everybody?

73
Tonno
ES5TV