[CQ-Contest] band-pass filtering -- a new approach?

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Fri Nov 9 11:10:19 EST 2001

Their use is not anything new - perhaps they were more
effective with "pre-phase-noise" radios.

BTW, often there's no need to "bypass" the RX filters
during transmit. Just wire them up so that they are in
the radio's receive path.  Many radios (with some
notable exceptions) have some way of accessing this
path at the rear panel.  If not, you can open up the
radio and "break into" the rcv path (useful for
Beverages as well).  Let the radio do the T/R
switching.

Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com