[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Wed Nov 14 11:07:19 EST 2001

On 11/5/01 5:47 PM, PaulKB8N at aol.com at PaulKB8N at aol.com wrote:

>Dave's (K6LL) comments in many respects are on the mark.  In a perfect
>world, it would be great to have a low power/QRP-only contest.

Uh, we do. It's called the North American QSO Party (NAQP).

NAQP also includes two much-sought-after SS rule changes: a) it's shorter
(12 hours), and b) you can work everyone on every band.

Best yet, you don't have to wait an entire year to enjoy NAQP -- it
happens twice each year, once in January, once in August for CW and
Phone. There's also a RTTY NAQP, too.

I say, don't change SS. Instead, operate NAQP as well.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com