[CQ-Contest] Re: [TowerTalk] 80m Dipole ssb/cw switching

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Thu Nov 15 01:45:09 EST 2001

Tim Duffy wrote:

> Another efficient method is feeding the 1/2 wave dipole with open wire and using a Johnson Matchbox. This
> gives maximum frequency flexibility.

Hi Tim et al.

That is right--it's a simple and effective antenna.  But how in
the heck do you make one work without getting RF into
everything.  I used a tuner and 80 meter antenna for years,
working lots of dx, but with the advent of computers, I had so
much RFI I had to go to coaxial antennas.  And I still have RFI
problems in the shack.  73
Tom W7WHY

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com