[CQ-Contest] Posting packet spots in SS

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Thu Nov 15 08:14:38 EST 2001

On 11/14/01 8:46 PM, bob.wruble at verizon.net at bob.wruble at verizon.net
wrote:

>boy if u need packet help in the ss things have really
>gone to hell in a handbasket ......

I don't think that's it.

While I've never used packet in SS, much of the reason for running in an
assisted category is because it is so much FUN. Not only are you making
contacts on the radio, but you have this whole other communications
channel to deal with at the same time.

In my opinion, if using packet helps more stations be active in SS, then
I'm all for it, and I don't pass judgement on this activity.

After all, contesting is supposed to be about FUN, isn't it?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com