[CQ-Contest] CQWW Fun

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Tue Nov 27 12:38:55 EST 2001

Had a great time this past weekend doing the M/S thing inspite of numerous
problems related to the station owner not being ready in time and my
instance that we use CT inspite of most of the operators being unfamiliar
with it.

One thing that we did this weekend that was a blast was chatting back and
forth with the boys down at K4XS via internet instant messenger.  It was
especially sweet for N6MJ and N2NL who I tortured with pre-contest head
games.  They were up on us from the start, and it was all that was needed
to keep me piped down.  :)

The other neat thing about it was sharing information about the bands and
what was working for them versus us.

Anyway, for those who don't know it... you can get internet IM for free
from AOL and MSN.  I personally like the MSN Windows client
(http://messenger.msn.com), but more people use the AOL IM.

Something to consider for you multi-ops.  If we do M/S or M/2 in ARRL CW,
we'll be QRV and will be happy to chat with anyone during the contest.  It
is more fun to share the experience with other crazy contesters!

73

Bill Fisher, W4AN

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com