[CQ-Contest] Inspiration or ?

Jim Reisert jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 3 11:32:53 EDT 2001

--- Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 <Chad.Kurszewski at motorola.com> wrote:

> > I don't think pictures of large stations have inspired anyone to go out
> > and build one.
>
> Maybe not pictures, but seeing one certainly got me
> to build a more than "average" station.

A good point.  Seeing may or may not turn into realization.  Lots of problems
in big stations have been solved, but there are always new problems and new
ways of thinking about old problems.  That's where innovation and contributing
to the state-of-the-art really come from.  If you're not challenged to grow, to
try to close the gap between your reach and your grasp (and not by lowering
your sights, mind you), the hobby will never improve.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com