[CQ-Contest] CQ Phone Test.

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Oct 6 23:02:59 EDT 2001

At 04:21 PM 10/6/01 -0400, Douglas Priest wrote:

>I see many DXpeditions canceling for CQ Phone. I suspect the events of
>9-11-01 played a big part in the decision. Anyone gonna call the ball and
>cancel the DXpeditions globally? I am booked and we have 14 ops going but
>our patriotism would preclude participation in a hostile environment. What
>is the feeling in the contest community?  I would be devastated if one of
>our DXpeditions would come in harms way over a silly DX Contest. That being
>said I am locked and loaded for CQ Phone from the Carribean :-) What say
>folks?

Doug, if someone told you that your odds of being struck by lightning had
just tripled, would you stop going outside?  Flying is still safer than
crossing the street, and it strikes me as nonsensical to cancel a
DXpedition because of what was done in NYC and Washington.

IMO, the most patriotic thing you can do is get on with your life.

73, Pete N4ZR

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com