[CQ-Contest] CQ Phone Test.

Ken K7ZUM k7zum at pacifier.com
Sat Oct 6 23:01:57 EDT 2001

Hi Doug,

       We too almost cancelled our carribean trip for c.q.w.w.
phone this year, but after much
discussion between myself and my partner, we have decided that it
will probally be safer
getting on an airplane in two weeks, than it has been in the past
few years, so were going, although we have decided to lighten our
equipment load by a large amount, will be taking just two
verticals,radios,amps,laptops, so that means all of the stations
out there that want to work use, will get a chance to put there
signal capturing devices to good use !! ( read between the lines,
your big honking beams !!)  and even though we will be only using
a couple of verticals, I can guarantee you we will have nothing
but FUN !!  and so should everybody else !!

be leaving Oct. 20, should be set up by the 21st.
plan on doing phone and RTTY before the test, on
10,12,15,17,30,40 mtrs.
will be signing as:

PJ7/K7ZUM   KEN
FS/AH8DX     CRAIG

73...... Ken.......K7ZUM

> I see many DXpeditions canceling for CQ Phone. I suspect the
events of
> 9-11-01 played a big part in the decision. Anyone gonna call
the ball and
> cancel the DXpeditions globally? I am booked and we have 14 ops
going but
> our patriotism would preclude participation in a hostile
environment. What
> is the feeling in the contest community?  I would be devastated
if one of
> our DXpeditions would come in harms way over a silly DX
Contest. That being
What say

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com