[CQ-Contest] What to look for

KG6DV at cs.com KG6DV at cs.com
Sun Oct 21 12:52:17 EDT 2001

I dont agree with GM3WOJ when he says you can spot the cheaters who use spot
nets while SOAB.

There is little difference between the band operator at a M/M and a SOAB
operator
other than the fact that the SOAB operator is supposed to be unassisted.

>From W7RM I mined  40 meters out so well, and was so desperate for new blood,
that I  spent the last 1/3 rd of the contest pouncing on stations almost as
soon as they had finished tuning up.  Im sure the log would have shown many
contacts that were just as soon as the first spot report.  Any SOAB in a
similar search and pounce mode would be by GM3WOJ'S rule of thumb a cheater.
I found myself in the same late in the contest situation at N6RO, and almost
any MM I have ever operated at. It gets to the point where the spot nets
become useless because your always there and gone by the time its announced.
You keep the nets up in hope that they will provide something you missed.
This late in the contest you tune back and forth on the band and can spot a
new signal within seconds of its appearance.  On those occasions that I have
gone SOAB it has been much the same. If the criteria for detecting SOAB spot
cheats were the GM3WOJ method, any hard pushing SOAB would be suspect.

Ron  KH6DV
Kaneohe Hawaii

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

From: Harri M. Mantila OH6YF-OH0MYF" <harry at oh6yf.com (Harri M. Mantila OH6YF-OH0MYF)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:32:37 +0300
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CCF WW in CQ WW Contests 2001!!!

 Hello All!

CCF, Contest Club Finland, is arranging it's own trophy program for the
OH/OH0/OJ0-stations during CQ WW Contests!

There are also trophys sponsored for the stations working the most
OH/OH0/OJ0/OH-pedition stations during CQ WW. Take a look on the program at:
http://www.qsl.net/ccf .

Remember, CCF and SRAL are arranging the next WRTC 2002 Contest next summer
in Helsinki area. Maybe, you can find out something more about the
propagation conditions to the Northern hemisphere of WRTC, as well.

Web addresses:
http://www.qsl.net/ccf Contest Club Finland
http://ccfww.oh6yf.com The trophy program straight
http://www.wrtc2002.org WRTC 2002 home page
http://www.sral.fi Finnish Amateur Radio League

Operators outside of OH/OH0/OJ0
All the other stations working OH/OH0/OJ0/OH-pedition stations will be
evaluated according their logs sent separately to the Contest Club Finland's
CCF WW Program: ccfww at oh6yf.com.

Every station will get one point for every QSO with OH/OH0/OJ0/OH-pedition
on every allowed band during the CQ WW DX Contest. There are no restrictions
on the number of the operators taking part from one station into this
special competition. Of course all the OF/OG/OI-contacts are valid, as well.
Many stations are using a special OG call sign in CQ WW 2001 from Finland
and Aland Islands. Remember, they are valid as well!!! No duplicate contacts
are allowed.

All entries must be sent no later than December 1, 2001 for the SSB section
and January 15, 2002 for the CW section via Email to ccfww at oh6yf.com

73 de Harry OH6YF

www.oh6yf.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com