[CQ-Contest] CQWW Paper Logs

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Oct 26 11:04:36 EDT 2001

At 08:49 AM 10/27/01 -0400, Bruce Lallathin wrote:

>The only thing that makes sense is that CQ Communications
>must have some solid reason to think that they are targeted.

[politics excised]

I doubt it -- panic crops up in funny places and doesn't usually obey logic.

I also suspect the CQ staff aren't alone in making a knee-jerk reaction and
then having trouble admitting they were wrong.  I hope they'll get over it
once the dust settles.

I know a lot of the casual DX ops that we depend on for QSOs in CQWW don't
have home computers, or affordable internet service.  It's crazy to
institute restrictions that will tend to deter activity.

I'll join K3ZO in volunteering to open the mail for CQWW logs.  At my age,
I have a lot of higher-probability threats to my health to be concerned
about, before I start worrying about anthrax.

73, Pete N4ZR

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com