[CQ-Contest] Austin Powers Update

Jim George n3bb at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 7 06:15:38 EDT 2001

As a follow up to W4AN's good work in the southeast to pull together
four teams, I'm pleased to update you on CTDXCC's plans to put rare
Texas on the air.

We have ten stations committed to operate at this time.  Some are very
experienced, some not experienced in the Sprint, but we know that more
activity is better for all.  BTW, in our internal club discussions about
the contest, several people brought up the fact that they have had trouble
making Sprint QSOs
sending slowly-below 20 WPM.  As W4AN and others have mentioned, it's
better to get higher or lower in the band when one is a slower CW operator,
but wants
to participate.  So if you hear a slower CQ, or are answered by a slower
station, please QRS and make the QSO!

CTDXCC's Austin Powers team is as follows:

K5TR
K5PI
K5NA
KE5C
N5DUW
AF5Z
N5TJ
N2LA
N3BB
K4QPL

73,

Jim

Austin-the live music capital of the world

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com