[CQ-Contest] Nonstop 48 hours for SO on CQWW

Randy Thompson, K5ZD k5zd at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 8 03:25:47 EDT 2001

Yes, Zoli, it is possible to operate for 48 hours without any sleep!  But it
is hard.

Some suggestions:

- You must want to do it very badly.  This is the only thing that will keep
you going after 36 hours!

- Get as much sleep as possible BEFORE the contest.  I try to sleep extra
hours each night for the 7 days before the contest.

- You must want to do it very badly.

- Exercise.  Being in good shape will help.

- You must want to do it very badly.

- Eat well during the contest.  There are many different diets.  For me, low
sugar and very little caffeine until day 2.

- You must want to do it very badly.

Good luck!

Randy, K5ZD