[CQ-Contest] Headphones

Kimo C. Chun kimo at lava.net
Tue Sep 11 00:25:26 EDT 2001

I can't speak for application as I've not used them for a contest.
But the Sony MDR-605LP are quite comfortable. They have an
outer ring padded with a corduroy cloth. "Spokes" offset the
earphones further away. The ring rests on your head around the
ear and the earphone part almost hangs in front of your ear.
It has much less pressure on the ear itself.

I would think that the cloth coverings would create less sweat.
They are 40 Ohm at 1 KHz. 106 dB/mW sensitivity.  HiFi type.

They cost around $70 U.S.

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com