[CQ-Contest] Sprint QSY Rule

Tree N6TR tree at kkn.net
Thu Sep 13 13:56:34 EDT 2001

VE3FU writes:

Do the contest sponsors and/or log checking program actually check logs for
this rule violation, or do they rely on the honesty of the competitors?

My first question would be - "Why do you ask?".

I will not commment on what the log checking software does or doesn't do
in this respect.

However, there are various other methods which are effective.  To some
extent, it is self policing.  If you call CQ and work someone, that person
will be taking your frequency.  If you decide to fight them for it, you
will quickly be creating a bad name for yourself.

In some sprints, we have had listening stations who noted infractions and those
QSOs were removed from the logs.  We don't always do this - but you never know.

Finally, if someone is consistently breaking the rules - we hear about it from
people who heard it on the air.  If we have a handful of stations telling us
someone was not QSLing their QSOs or something, we have a pretty strong case.

If you look back a year, we did have a disqualification because a station
was transmitting on two bands at the same time.

So - we rely on the honesty of the competitors - but if you consistently
break the rules - I am confident you will be caught.

73 Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com