[CQ-Contest] Amplifier venting

kl7ra kl7ra at blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 27 10:21:45 EDT 2001

>That's why I bought two more fans just like it :-)  I'll
>be making the them easily swappable in case one were
>to fail in the middle of a contest.
>
>Scott

And that's when it will happen Scott.

I didn't have any luck trying this idea myself. We didn't worry
about the noise but was trying to get heat from six amps out
of the building that was insulated for 60 below zero weather.

The final plan was to leave the amps alone and add an attic
to the room with a thermostate on the ceiling. This controls
an attic fan that takes hot air from the room and vents it outside
and an electric vent over the 40 meter position which replaces
the air with really cold outside air.

Works great, 40 meter op doesn't like it, however.

73 Rich KL7RA

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com