[CQ-Contest] SO2R Nonsense

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Wed Apr 24 21:23:55 EDT 2002

> I can't wait to hear when someone has managed to "perfect" a
> really efficient SO3R.  I don't think it has happened yet, but
> I am sure it will and I will applaud it when it does!

Hey, s51ta did so6r here for wpx ssb this year and did pretty good for
his first try at it.  There are just a few little bugs to work out and
it should be all ready for a real workout in a future contest!  For one
he has to stretch his arms a bit to reach all the stuff, but once I get
all the autotune amps and auto turning antennas in place it should be
much easier.  The biggest improvement will be when someone makes a
contest logger that will talk to all 6 radios at once. Then a so6r
headphone switcher with spatial separation of the 12 audio channels
would be nice, it would make the audio mixing look a bit less like a
recording studio.  Think about that for a while, put 20m front and
center, 15m to the left, 10m to the right, then distribute 40m, 80m ,
and 160m above or below them, add virtual reality goggles and an eye
position sensor to pan you to the band you want to concentrate on, just
think of the possibilities!

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net