[CQ-Contest] Misleading Calls

Mike Gilmer, N2MG n2mg at eham.net
Sat Dec 7 21:17:19 EST 2002

K8CC wrote:
> N2MG's comment that logcheckers should know where people are simply is not
> practical.  While we can read the DX bulletins and be aware of the big
> expeditions, there are always unannounced operations, or operations by
> people that aren't advertised.

This isn't what I meant at all.

> Liberal doses of judgement is required, but unless there is clear
> data to the contrary, the entrant must be given the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless of what the rules may state regarding what KH6DX *should* have
been sending for an ID, is not the state field indicating "CA" data enough
for questioning where KH6DX is (or may be)?  This is the example that
sparked much of this discussion.  I don't think it takes any special manual
handling to "learn who is where" (learn from the logs, NOT from some
DXpedition list).  Again, respectfully, I suggest it's *just* another tweak
to be added to the checking algorithms.

73 Mike N2MG