[CQ-Contest] Re: Anti Master.dta + More

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 15 07:10:56 EST 2002

In reference to the SO2R vs. SO1R, I find it unbelievable that people continue
want to somehow separate this difference in contests but somehow ignore the
differences in the following which to me are WAY more significant:

2 or 3 towers vs. 1
no towers vs. towers.
stacked monobanders vs. a tribander
1500W vs. 600W smaller amps
An older tube tune radio vs. solid state
A Northeast US location vs. the midwest.
A KH6 location in Pacific vs. 9M6
A 5B4 location in Asia vs. JA

I mean the list goes on and on.  SO2R has been going on for at least 20 years
if not more in some form and has only recently gotten to the level it is
because of the increasingly sophisticated level of computers and solid state
rigs over the past 10 years.

Lets just keep contesting the way it is.  Do what you can to be LOUDER and be
in a good location. Then, compete lick heck and see what happens.  Who knows,
you might just win or place in the top 10.

Ed  N1UR