[CQ-Contest] Re: [YCCC] Proposed QST changes, Hit 'em where it Hurts $$$

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 12 22:28:42 EST 2002

Non-profits such as ARRL don't have very high pay scales.  No matter if
located in Connecticut or Alaska (more expensive than CT).
I think most would be surprised at what the pay scale is.....This is why
many stay a few years and move on.   The pay scale is low enough
that the Board has addressed this several times in the past few years.   The
bulk of the expenses come from publications.  QST is covered
mostly by advertising revenue not by dues.

There is always sentiment to move the HQ to the mid-west or some other more
central location.

73 Dave K4JRB

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com