[CQ-Contest] NCJ circulation - Why decreasing?

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 11:16:51 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/28/02 5:28:02 AM Pacific Standard Time, k4ww at home.com
writes:

> Tom Frenaye frenaye at pcnet.com wrote: "I'm told that a couple of the last few
>  issues of the NCJ were 40 pages instead of 48 pages because there were not
>  enough good articles submitted to choose from."
>
>  And how is one to determine if the are "good" or not, if they aren't
>  published? Personally, I would rather have the option of not reading what
is
>  published, than having someone make that decision for me!

    Uh...that's why they're called EDITORS. And the editor of the NCJ is -
and always has been - a volunteer. It's a moderately thankless job.

    Virtually EVERYTHING you buy that has printed words has been edited at
some point. I really don't understand your position or statements.

    And yes, the circulation has been approximately the same for many years.
I guess there's only so many hardcore contesters willing to put up some bucks
to support a special interest magazine (see also demise of CQ Contest
magazine). I support the ARRL and it's taking over of the magazine which has
resulted in more professional editing (oops - there it is again) and layout,
professional look (color cover - who'da thunk?), and for having really cheap
advertising rates.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech