[CQ-Contest] Fishy spots in WPX SSB

n4gi at tampabay.rr.com n4gi at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 15:27:00 EDT 2003

K3FT:
> I have no problem with people spotting their
> friends or stations that they recognize.

Me neither.  And here's a "second gunman on the grassy knoll" theory to go
along with this "investigation":

What if the spotted stations couldn't handle the pileups efficiently, and their
rate actually DECREASED after each spot (yes, that's right. cluster spots =
more LIDS).

Then.....(as Shaggy and Scooby pull the mask off of the crook)
I hypothesize that the multiple spots were made by ENEMIES of the stations
being spotted in order to sabotage their scores.....

:-)  73-

Blake N4GI