[CQ-Contest] serious question clarification

Mark Beckwith mark at concertart.com
Wed Jan 15 14:10:15 EST 2003

I have received a number of responses basically saying "take the contact
out" because "it's not a valid QSO."  The implication is that if the other
guy won't answer my request for fills then he deserves to have the QSO taken
out of his log.

I re-read my post and realize I was not clear.  Here's what I am really
talking about:

I call CQ, a station calls, I work him, he goes away.  So far so good?  Now
I look up at what I typed and can't make heads or tails out of or,, say, the
name's got a typo so I backspace back to fix the name, foolishly deleting
the QSO number and not realizing it.

So now I am in a position where I don't want to log the info because I know
it is not right; but the other guy delivered a perfectly good QSO.

I don't mind losing the QSO - because what I did was really stupid.  Why
should the other guy, who delivered a 100% perfect, solid QSO, get dinged
for my stupidity?

Why should my UBN report get dinged when it is not "an error" per se, since
I already am fully aware its wrong, and would like to submit the line item
for informational purposes only but not count it toward my score?

Someone else said "just make it for zero points" but I don't believe that is
possible in a Cabrillo submission.

So now you guys answer my real question instead of the one you thought I was
asking because my previous post was unclear.

Mark, N5OT