[CQ-Contest] Contesters and emergencies

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Wed Mar 19 16:25:00 EST 2003

Larry, et al:

I wonder what the FCC position would be if the scenario you described
happened during the CQ WW phone contest and the parties involved
decided to QSY to 7305 or 14355 KHz? Seems to me that if life and limb
were involved this might be the best strategy (especially on 40 where it
would be hard to get the attention of all the stations below 7100 KHz
listening up into the region 2 phone band).