[CQ-Contest] Guest OPS

Sean Fleming sean at k8khz.com
Sun Mar 30 13:17:52 EST 2003

This weekend I have found out there is a major flaw in our contest rules that makes no sense to me. I went to my fathers station who has an extra license. I have a general licese. But none the less I was the "Guest OP" there. Well that is how I was going to do this. Until we questioned ourselves. How can I be the "Guest OP" when I am using his call and his privilidges. I always see for example XXXX @ YYYY.  So I now figured we had to be a MS1. Multi Single 1 transmitter. Why is this? Due to the fact that ham XXXX is operator 1 and YYYY is operator 2 = 2 ops one station. YYYY doesn't even have to operate though he is the Control station. He has to be there. So think of this in your mind. There is no such thing as a "Guest OP" it is a Multi Single or Multi OP always. Since as long as you use the station callsign and not yours call sign they are the Control OP as I see it unless it is a club station callsign.

check out my website @ http://www.k8khz.com

You can reach me mobile on the Echolink callsign W8OAK.

Add me to your instant messenger AIM, Yahoo, ICQ. USER Name K8KHZ.