[CQ-Contest] K4OJ SK

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Thu Feb 12 21:51:12 EST 2004

Well said, John. We all take ourselves too seriously
from time-to-time and Jim was always there to remind
us to lighten up and enjoy the ride. I remember when
we got our vanity calls K4OJ and W4EF back in 1996
while I was still living in Florida. Jim would make cracks
about "Elmer Fudd" and I would respond with comments
about his White Bronco. It was great fun which I will
really miss.

Jim enthusiasm for contesting was second to none and
it was infectious. Back in my Florida days when I became
a member of the Florida Contest Group, I remember how
welcome Jim made me feel to the group. And even after
I left Florida for the west coast, Jim would always throw in
a "HI ELMER" when worked each other in each other in
a CW contest. It was like having a lifetime hononary
membership to the club.

Some folks are competitive to the point that they are
miserable to be around. Jim was as competitive as they
come, but his disarming, fun, and sometimes zany
personality made you remember that it was all about
having fun. That is as a good a legacy as any I can
think of.

RIP Juice Man. I am gonna miss you, bro!

From: "W0UN -- John Brosnahan" <shr at swtexas.net>
To: "Ellen White, W1YL" <w1yl at tampabay.rr.com>; <CQ-Contest at contesting.com>