[CQ-Contest] RE: Meaningful Contest Exchange

Mike Tessmer mike.tessmer at hillmangroup.com
Fri May 7 21:30:29 EDT 2004

> like to be able to believe that what I am copying is a real
> number/message.

I would offer that I copy a lot of real numbers/messages during
contests.....there's 5, and 9, maybe another 9, maybe a state abbreviation
or another series of numbers, maybe even a callsign or two......at least I
thought they were real.  Maybe my RX is just being overloaded......

Imagine the fun of explaining to "Joe Casual Contester" how you'd love to
work him but first he has to go and register with the ARRL or whoever so he
can get a "code" to send you.....especially on CW!

Of course y'all might be interested in the Internet Sprint this Saturday
where you do have to copy the name being sent to you so you can send that
name out on your next QSO.

73, Mike K9NW