[CQ-Contest] NAQP newbie (and oldbie) statistics FWIW

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 7 11:33:50 EDT 2005

In his NAQP soapbox on the TCG list, NA4K wrote:
"The activity seemed to be good and quite a few new calls in the log
along with the regulars."

This may or may not be of interest...

This morning, I whipped up a quick Perl script.  It checked each call in
my NAQP log, and counted how many times that call appears in my overall
logbook. (98,533 total QSOs in the database)

I found 34 stations worked yesterday for the first time:  (787 total
QSOs in the NAQP log)

AA6RR	AI4IE	K0XI	K4ZU	K5YQF	K7NAA	K9IDX	K9WQ	KB3FJJ
KC2GOW	KC2NMZ	KD5VRK	KF6PVY	KR4OW	N2YO	N3GGT	N4HXI	N8JTS
NA9U	NX1P	NZ0R	VA1MM	VA5SAM	VA7PAC	W2JLK	W4CCU	W5OV
W5SG	W6UQZ	W7BD	W8GH	WB4RDH	WH6ASW	WY7N

Some of these I'm sure are new calls for folks who've been around
awhile.  (for example, W5OV may have been worked yesterday for the first
time but I count 13 QSOs with his previous call N5NJ)  K0XI is a club,
and was probably operated by someone who's familiar to the log.

But looking them up on QRZ.com, I note two who've been hams for less
than three years.  One is 14 years old.  Two are YLs.

On the other side of the stats...  The stations worked yesterday who
appear the *most* times in my overall log:

156	K4RO
127	K3WWP
123	K0EJ
121	WO4O