[CQ-Contest] Band changes

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sun Aug 7 12:37:59 EDT 2005

In the NAQP last night, I had quite a few requests to QSY to 160.  I did and worked all the stations that asked me to go there.

Question is, when I go to 160 to work CA, that is not a new mult for me, even though I am a mult for the other station.  After I get there, I guess I have to take a 10 minute break or tune around and see if there are any other stations.  Most of the time I just went back to 80.

If I don't stay for 10 minutes, then I guess I will be reclassified as a M/M.  How can that be if I am the only guy here?  Another option is to take any Q's that I made after I got back to 80 out of my log that were made in that 10 minute period.  I think the 10 minute rule is a stupid rule.

Or I guess I could just tell the station on the other end that I don't want to go to 160, even if I am a mult for the guy.  I worked 1 station on 40 and me moved me to 80 and 160.  It was 3 mults for him, but no mults for me.  But I did it anyway cause I'm a good guy :-).  But if I went to 80, worked him as not a new one for me, then went to 160, also not a new mult for me, I just messes up my log as to what class I am in.  So I see there are 2 options--don't QSY for someone, or just do it and then take a break or something.

It is not like I made a big score or anything, or this is going to take me out of the top 10, but it does seem to be a problem.  73 and thanks for the Q's last nigh
Tom W7WHY