[CQ-Contest] Just when you think

Art Searle W2NRA w2nra at optonline.net
Sun Jan 16 13:28:16 EST 2005

Contest etiquette?  YOu guys are being unrealistic!  Kelly has it right!
  The DX is managing his pileup.  And it may be unfair.  It may waste
your time and lower your QSO rate but it works for the DX.  And it is a
contest.  If the DX gives his call every 3 or 4 Qs and the pileup
becomes unmanageably large (because we all know how polite and courteous
contesters and DX chasers are in a pileup) and his Q count goes way down
who does that benefit.  You can't blame DX for operating this way.  The
only way we are ever going to discourage this is to all agree to not
work DX that operates this way.  And you know that ain't going to happen.

73,
Art
W2NRA