[CQ-Contest] RE: The battle of the callsigns

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sat Jan 22 15:24:13 EST 2005

> K6VVA wrote:.
>
> I'd love to operate a contest as "E5E"  ... most likely THEE shortest
> callsign on the planet :-)

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.  The "H" in W7WHY has given
me grief for years.  I don't know how many times when sending it at 35+ wpm
it gets busted to WSY.  I finally slowed that part of the callsign down to
about 15 WPM and don't have as much problem.  I think the sudden change of
speed makes people listen more or something.  I remenber there used to be a
call, W5HSE, or something like that.  That'd be a nightmare.  73
Tom W7WHY